60 DAYS OF GAMING: DECADE ANNIVERSARY - DAY 4: My Guilty Pleasure Game

Then: Spider-Man - Web of Shadows

Now: Marvel's Avengers 




As before: I know this is not a great game. I personally hate that the game does not have a traditional, dedicated distinction between SP and MP. I know it is buggy and repetitive past the initial level grind, and I hate the linear skill progression for characters that leaves little room for playstyle personalisation. I hate that its single player campaign forces you to play MP missions with bots for the most part (especially when said bot slots are taken by characters you haven't even unlocked in the story yet).

But I also can't deny the 4-player, Warframe-ish missions with Marvel characters that each play wildly different to the next one and make an awesome job of translating that character in gameplay terms...is so fucking fun.

This is, by far, the best Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Cap, Hawkeye, Kamala and Kate Bishop gameplay depictions in a game so far. 

And Hulk? If not the best, it's certainly up there with Ultimate Destruction's Hulk.

Comments

Popular Posts