60 DAYS OF GAMING: DECADE ANNIVERSARY - DAY 27: Most Epic Scene

Then: Alistair's speech from Dragon Age Origins

Now: Yeah, I'm gonna have to give it to Bioware again for DA:O's near contemporary, Mass Effect 2 and the assault at the Collector Base.


Full disclosure, I had not fully played the original Mass Effect at the time of the original post. If I had, I might have been tempted to have chosen defending against the assault on the Citadel by Sovereign, Saren and the Geth.

However, it's its sequel's finale that wins over this time, easily. A suicide mission at the Collector Base by Shepard and the rest of the SR-2 Normandy's crew, this will as be as epic - or tragic - as you have set it up to be.

Through a fortuitous combination of serendipity and OCD, my ending was mostly the first, with a small dab of the latter (RIP Legion). And it still manages to be one of the most epic and touching moments I have ever seen put to media outside books.

I fully expect to cry when I finally do a perfect ending on Legendary Edition, but that specific ending will always be my canon.

Comments

Popular Posts