60 DAYS OF GAMING: DECADE ANNIVERSARY - WHAT HAPPENED?

Holy crap, I'm sooooooo behind on this.




Let's get cracking.

We were left on Day 30 - My favourite game of all time: Baldur's Gate Saga




This may be pure nostalgia at this point: despite my best intentions, I have not yet managed to get myself to fully replay this saga with a ranger, something I've been fully aiming to do since...um...2007 or so.

But that playthrough of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 back in the early 2000es that allowed me to import my character from the first game into the second and seamlessly continue the epic tale of the * ugh* paladin I was playing (I was 16, ok?) will probably forever stand in my heart as the seminal story-telling in gaming, and probably what has shaped me for many years of my young adult life, and has definitely informed how I interact with people, romance, overwhelming odds, taught me how to accept or mourn the things I cannot control and how to fight for what I can.

Purely for its sheer importance (which it gained by being incredibly well-crafted), I think it will forever be my favourite game of all time.


Comments

Popular Posts