So! I survived the Steam Sale...

...albeit barely. 


And no, I didn't nick this off 9gag, it's my own meme. 
I just couldn't be arsed to find the original file.
I followed my own advice, religiously. By the time the Sale was over, I had depleted my wishlist and gotten a boatload of other stuff. I paid much less than I normally would have for said boatload, but still. There's a bunch of goodies just waiting to be enjoyed on my library. Specifically, there's: Age of Empires 2 HD, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Dishonored, Skyrim: Legendary Edition, Fallout: New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Strike Suit Zero and Strike Suit Infinity, Supreme Commnader 1 and 2,  Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Company of Heroes, Rising Storm, The Misadventures of P. B. Winterbottom, and for the life of me, I can't remember which were during the Sale or on daily sales, but there's quite a few more. You'd think that would explain why there's been no posts on here for a while. Besides, the Steam Sale has been over for around a month, so it shouldn't be news.

But you'd be wrong. Despite having a gazillion of new stuff to try out, I spent most of my gametime saving the galaxy on Mass Effect 3, tending to my farm on WoW, doing "flippity ninja shit"™ (Trademark owned by Tobbsdasock) on Warframe, flying a spaceship on Star Conflict (both of the latter being free games), trying to get X-Box Live to work, grinding higher difficulties on Diablo III and finally and, perhaps, most hilariously, getting my head chopped off on Chivalry. Incidentally, last night's Chivalry shenanigans spawned this channel. For now, livestreams will be sporadic and random in content, but maybe I will think of a specific thing to do with them in the future. Time will tell!

I would be totally remiss not to mention the new Diablo III expansion announced yesterday, Reaper of Souls, focusing, lore-wise, on Malthael, one of the few remaining Archangels, once the aspect of Wisdom, now the Angel of Death. I would also be remiss not to mention Blizzard registering the title The Dark Below, quite possibly a new WoW expansion. A lore conversation with my brother (who's a bigger loregeek than I am when it comes to WoW) suggest two possibilities: one, the Burning Legion's comeback, as suggested by everything on Mists of Pandaria so far and two, the watery depths of Azeroth and the Naga. The name itself supports both theories, for different reasons, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Expect a return to the regularly updated blog schedule shortly. Korn out.

Comments

Popular Posts