In the summertime, when the MoBo gets hot


What have I been up to, you ask. How come I didn't really get into details on E3, you ask. Why haven't I reviewed Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us et al, you ask. Why haven't I previewed GTA V and stuff, you ask. 

Well...I have no reasons but I sure have excuse, in the words of SOAD. It's an extremely hot summer here, and coupled with lots of hours of work and (gasp) socializing, it means that the little free time I have goes into completing my daily chores on WoW and only playing other games superficially. Except for my new addiction, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. And plenty of sleep. And, much as I'd like to follow the picture's example, I like my PC way too much to take it to the beach. I have the suspicion Sandy Bridge and actual sand don't mix very well, not to mention that there's no amount of case fans that can cool a PC with a black chassis directly under the Cyprus sun. 

Besides, apart from the console debacle (already covered), not much else of note occurred at E3, apart from the showcase of Battlefield 4, sporting the impressive Frostbite 3 engine. Granted, the game doesn't look that much groundbreaking gameplay-wise, and the destructible environments look scripted from a scale upwards, but still, a damn mile more impressive than the new CoD for all you soldier-heads out there. Then again, I'm told true jarheads play ArMa.

As for games, well...the major releases of the past couple of months are few and far between. Bioshock Infinite is being played at a snail's pace, The Last of Us won't be played at all (seeing as I don't have access to a PS3), Deadpool will be played at some point when I'm feeling hack n' slashy. As for GTA 5, after the slight disappointment of IV for me, I remain cautiously optimistic, but that's that.

See you by the pool. Stay tuned. 

Comments

Popular Posts