Go grab it while you can!


Those of you that know me and/or those of you that have been paying attention to my various posts over the last year might remember that one of my absolutely favourite genres is a dead one: that of space combat sims. I believe I have on occasion mentioned the Wing Commander series, with its vibrant and lifelike characters and story (and bloated budget, technical innovations and b-movie but adorable cutscenes), the Freespace games (that were so good that ended up killing the genre), the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series (that shone a light at just how kickass Star Wars can be even without lightsabers). More than that, I'm more than sure I've mentioned mods and total conversions in general and Wing Commander Saga, the Freespace 2 Total Conversion set in the Wing Commander universe. I chose not to speak more of it; after all, the last free game based on an existing IP that I mentioned, Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded, was dropped. I couldn't bear to jinx this one too.


Well, no fear of that any more. Go on the site and download this free standalone game, rookie. Dust off your joystick and report to the launching deck in 5. We got Dralthis to fry. Expect a full review when I pick myself up from the floor.


PS: Pick it up before someone decides it violates some law or other and takes it down!

Comments

Popular Posts