Filler post: Strips and Stuff

I was going through my deviantart account, which I've all but abandoned for the past few years, following a wallpaper I made getting reposted on various sites and e-mailing them to take it down, when I came across something I'd forgotten: my aspiration to make a webcomic about videogames ages ago. That may still very well happen at some point, but while preparing for the day I'd launch that, I had created some (then relevant) video-game themed comic strips.


Now, the jokes are outdated and the artwork (drawn and coloured with a mouse on photoshop; notable exception: the full page thingy) pretty darn crappy, but nevertheless, here's a blast from the past. Click on those images and hopefully you'll chuckle. Original images can be found on my deviantart account, linked on the links section.






This one (^) was created and posted on the eve of HL2 getting unlocked across Steam. I remember a whole forum full of people eagerly awaiting the unlock to occur...ah, those were the days. And yes, I know he usually doesn't speak.








































If you can't find the gaming reference in this one, take a look for the FIFA 07 box between the bolt of lightning and the bomb.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts